This policy describes what information we collect when you use directly.live’s sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”). It also provides information about how we store, transfer, use, and delete that information, and what choices you have with respect to the information. This policy applies to directly.live’s online video meeting tool, including the website and mobile applications, and other directly.live websites (collectively “the Websites”). This policy applies where we are acting as a Data Controller with respect to the personal data of Hosts and Users of our Services; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data. For content and data that you upload to or make available through the Service (“User Content”), you are responsible for ensuring this content is in accordance with our Terms of Service, and that the content is not violating other Hosts and Users’ privacy.
How we collect, process, and store information
We at directly.live are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Hosts and Users. Our business model is to withhold a small fee from video calls and other services offered through the directly.live platform, and does not rely on the widespread collection of general user data. We will only collect and process information that we need to deliver the service to you, and to continue to maintain and develop the service. directly.live may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, with different legal grounds, as listed below. For the categories of data that require your consent, we will actively ask you for consent before collecting any data. You can give and revoke your consents at any time in your Settings page in https://directly.live
The following is a list of data we collect, process, or store:
- Host and User account information. To use directly.live service, Hosts and Users might have to provide a valid email address, date of birth, full name, and country of residence. The Host can also choose to enter a display name, add a profile picture and/or video, and a short bio that will be used to represent them on their public profile page, and in conversations.
- Transaction information. Hosts that register on directly.live, as well as Hosts and Users of their Services might have to provide credit card information, billing email, banking information, location at the time of the transaction, and/or a billing address in order to complete a booking transaction.
The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased services and keeping proper records of those transactions. This data may be used for the purpose of delivering the services to you. Processing this information is required for fulfilling the contract we entered into with you, at your request (our Terms of Service). Additionally, this information needs to be retained in order to comply with accounting and tax regulations.
- Service Information. When you interact with the service, we automatically store a recording of a video call on our server with the purpose of using it exclusively for mitigating user disputes of the service, as explained in our FAQs, and performing the contract we entered into with you, at your request (our Terms of Service). If a dispute was not raised by the User within the time, defined in our FAQs, such recordings are automatically deleted.
- Usage information. When you interact with the services, we collect and process metadata to provide additional context about the way the service is being used. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our server software and our analytics tracking system.
- Product Analytics data. directly.live logs activities by you and other Hosts and Users when the Hosts and Users interact with our websites or apps, when a page or a room is visited or where there is a conversation. We will never collect or record the content in conversations.
- Technical log data. Like most digital services, our servers automatically collect information when Websites or Services are accessed or used and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited within the services, browser type, and settings, the date and time, the services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. directly.live may collect and process information about devices used to access the services, including the type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect and process some or all of this information depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Customer Support Information. We may process information that you send to us, should you choose to submit a ticket to our support email. If you contact us, we may use your Account, Transaction, or Usage Information to respond. Processing this information it is required for performing the contract we entered into with you, at your request (our Terms of Service), as well as our legitimate interest in handling your requests.
- Service and transactional notifications. Sometimes we’ll send you emails about your account, service changes, or new policies. You can’t opt-out of this type of “service or transactional” emails (unless you delete your account) as they are necessary information for the services. The legal grounds for processing this information is that it is required for performing our commitment about communicating changes in plans and pricing to you in the contract we entered into with you, at your request (our Terms of Service).
- Correspondence information. We may process information that you choose to share with us if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity, or event, apply for a job, interact with our social media accounts, or otherwise communicate with directly.live The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
We use Daily.co as the service for video calls so security of video call is as per security of Daily.co
Providing your personal data to others
We may share information about you with third parties in some circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards; (3) with academic or non-profit researchers, with aggregation, anonymization; (4) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process; (5) to protect the vital interest of others, when we have reason to believe that doing so will prevent harm to someone or illegal activities.
Our categories of service providers and partners are:
- Hosting/infrastructure/storage providers
- Payment processors
- Analysis tools providers
- Customer Support tools providers
- Marketing and email providers
- Recruiting tools providers
- Internal communication tools providers
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain your personal data as follows:
Transaction information will be retained for a minimum period of 5 years following the date of the transaction, and for a maximum period of 10 years following the date of the transaction.
In some cases, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
- The account information will be retained until you decide to delete your account on directly.live
- Information about you used for Product & Marketing communication will be retained as long as you have given us consent to use this information.
- The period of retention of usage information will be determined based on the need for historical data to determine statistical validity and relevance for product decisions and technical monitoring.
Regardless of the provisions above, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Changes to this policy
We can change these Terms at any time. If a change is material, we’ll let you know before it takes effect. By using directly.live on or after that effective date, you agree to the new Terms. If you don’t agree with them, you should contact directly.live at firstname.lastname@example.org with the request to delete your account before they take effect, otherwise, your use of the Service and Content will be subject to the new Terms.
Managing and deleting your personal information
If you have a directly.live account, you can access, and modify your personal information, in the dashboard. To delete your account, you should contact directly.live at email@example.com. If you request to delete your account, your information and content will be unrecoverable after that time. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
As an individual you are granted rights according to the applicable data protection law:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to object to and restriction of our processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability.